You may think grant writers have it soft sitting in a nice chair all day writing. It’s true we can have our coffee there and maybe a nice cookie while we work. But just try writing for ten hours with only a few bathroom breaks. Your shoulders cramp, your forearms cramp, your calves cramp, your eyes get tired, it’s a grind. While it’s true that we’re even sexier when tired, we do enjoy some refreshing pampering.
Here are nine ideas about how to pamper your sexy grant writer:
1) Bring a vase of cut flowers to sit beside the computer to bring color and fragrance to the grant writing process.
2) Buy some warming oil and give your sexy grant writer a shoulder massage. (close the office blinds first, that adds to the atmosphere and keeps you both out of jail.)
3) Make a run to the local coffee shop for some spectacular coffee drinks then invite your sexy grant writer to sit on the porch.
4) Buy a pedicure certificate and offer to read a grant draft while your sexy grant writer takes a break for an hour to go to the salon.
5) Cook a pot of special soup or stew, buy some excellent bread and butter so your grant writer can take breaks and eat well without having to cook.
6) Run a hot bath, dim the lighting, put on some Barry White, add some bath oils, light a candle, then get in and text your grant writer to join you (if you need more directions, don’t waste the hot water).
7) Bring a tub of hot water into the office, remove your sexy grant writer’s shoes and socks and soak their weary feet while giving them a foot massage.
8) Pack a suitcase for two and after your sexy grant writer submits their application, drive directly to a nice hotel on the coast for a couple of days.
9) If you and your sexy grant writer have kids, do #1; #3; #5 and then take the kids out for the day. Do #2; and #7 when you get back, get a sitter before executing #8, and skip #6 unless you want more kids.
Sexy grant writers love to be pampered; it makes us all feel all squishy and wah-wah-licious inside. We deserve a little pampering too because grant writing is hard work, even if we aren’t getting blisters. Spend a little time pampering your grant writer and they may just pamper you back.
Now that’s sexy!
Grant Writers are Sexy Beasts
Photo Credit: Roger Kirby